Carers Trust

If you, or the person you care for, need extra help to pay for something there are many grants, funds, and charities that may be able to help.

You can search online for grants and other financial help:

  • Carers Trust currently has a grant fund open for individual adult carers, aged 16+.
  • Turn2us is a free service that helps people in financial need to access welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online, by phone and      face to face. The website has a free and easy to use grants search and benefits calculator.
  • Grants for Individuals lets you search online for funders and grants if you subscribe. Disability Grants has details of charities and trusts which give out grants to disabled people and their families and carers.

How to search for a suitable fund or grant

There is information on charities that support carers and benevolent funds on this website. You can also use the the Turn2us Grants search – make sure you give as much information as you can so you can find all funds that might able to help you, and the person you care for.

  • Few people have ‘careers for life’ these days, so think about all the jobs that you have had in your working life. For example, if you served in the Armed Forces years ago it is likely that you will still qualify for help from one of their charitable funds.
  • Think about the trades, industries or companies you have worked in as some occupational charities give to people who have worked in a particular trade or profession, regardless of the job they have had.
  • Some charities help people with particular surnames or who attended a particular school.
  • If you don’t find what you want first time, refine your search by adding and removing search criteria. You are likely to see different results.
  • When you finish your search and get a list of funds that may be able to help you, check you qualify before making an enquiry.
  • Also search for grants and funds for the person you care for. For example, if you are searching for help for a parent that you care for, search on your details and theirs.

For more information please click here to visit the Carers Trust website